February 13, 2007

I Have O.C.D...

It's official - I have a compulsive personality. I have all the symptoms. It's something I have, at the back of my head, known for a long time.

I make lists - of books I've read, of movies I've seen, of... women I've kissed. All right, so that one has died a death, but regardless...

Teeth, box office receipts, closing of doors, lining up of shoes. When I play poker, hours go by before I lift my head. Scrabble. I can't just have one game. Hell, I'm playing now! Diets, another thing I take to extremes, and there's one this year. I can feel it...

Recently I have obsessed over rollercoasters, to the point where I have to learn how they work, and more importantly, why they work.

Wikipedia - I can't quite figure out if that's a curse or a blessing.

The list - touche - is endless. It's a minor miracle that I don't have a drinking problem.

9 comments:

Nic said...

All those lists...and you aren't even a Virgo!

I am def not OCD..unless that stands for Outlandish Civil Disorder?!?!

Stephanie Campisi said...

The women you've kissed have died a death? That's a bit extreme. . . ;)

Looking around my study, I can very safely say that I am not OCD. Well, except for my bookshelf. I have an inner OCD librarian.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I'm a wannabe OCD. I'm a Virgo with Virgo rising (whatever that means.)and I'd LIKE to be organized and have lists. Honestly, I'm just scattered.
I often think somebody lied to me and I was really born a Leo, but they thought it would be funny to try and make me a Virgo.

Stevie B said...

Rollercoasters bassically work due to that thing we call.......... GRAVITY. I'll explain it all to you this weekend!

Brian G Ross said...

Yeah, gravity... doesn't make them any less frightenin' though, Mr. Brown.

;o)

Wannabe OCD? Lol!

Cav said...

There's gotta be a good spec fic story in that. Lists, lists, lists. List of ants I've stepped on. List of evil thoughts. Hmm, maybe there's a psycho horror version of "My Name is Earl" somewhere...

Sophie Playle said...

Lists are always good. I'm a list-y person.

Are you sure you're not just a hypochondriac?

;)

Amanda D. said...

I hear ya, Brian. I am seriously considering making a little card catalog of all of the short stories that I have in anthologies on my shelf. I could make up a cool database and search by author, or theme - could even add little tidbits about which ones were made into movies and such.

Great idea, eh?

Emmy Ellis said...

Ugh, I think my 14 year old son has this. He has a thing about checking the doors at night and the door to the bottom of our stairs has to click shut before he can sleep.

:o)