October 26, 2007

Workin' It...

A few weeks ago I started going to the gym at work, and today, I started keeping track of what I was doing up there. How many reps, how fast, how far, that kind of thing. It's about time I got into shape, and something that has been on hold for a while - for no other reason than my laziness. Shame on me.

My only long term fear is that my latent addictive personality may rear its ugly head in the near future. I'm already flipping through old copies of Muscle & Fitness and studying them like textbooks. Still, giving myself something to aspire to can't hurt, and the half hour sessions help to break up the day as well. It is also invaluable in helping to curb the thirty-something spread that looms on the horizon.

There are a few guys who tag along with me, which is great. It keeps the momentum up and stops me from sitting on my ass when I really should be working the guns.

And besides, a man doesn't want to sweat on his own, does he?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

men shouldnt have to sweat on their own... loving the "there are a few guys who tag along with me". we all know u follow limet up there...

Anonymous said...

your just gutted that none of them offered to lick the sweat off.....

Emmy Ellis said...

Gotta be something about our age. Me and the hub have been on a health bender this year. I decided I didn't want to be 'one of those mums' that look 50 when they're 30. Ahem.

:o)