March 01, 2011

Ten Thousand Spoons...

A lot has happened in my little world the last few months, but still…

I had this story idea which I thought would be better served if I did some De Niro style research beforehand, so – like the character – I posted my suicide note, on my profile page of a… rather well known social networking site.

And I waited for my friends to respond.

Except they didn’t.

It would appear nobody took it seriously at all, which is both unfortunate and somewhat disturbing.

Suffice to say, this sent me spiralling down into the kind of funk I had envisioned had taken my character to that dark cave that led him to write the damn note in the first place…

Life is full of little ironies, eh?

2 comments:

Tuonela said...

It's the big ones that bother me. Sounds like the germ of a good story in this.

Brian G Ross said...

I managed to get it down on the page - social research that almost actually killed me!

I may have to remove the name of the... rather well known social networking site before anyone will look at it though ;-)