November 21, 2007

And The Winner Is...

While surfing this morning I happened across the Aurealis Awards and realised that my short story Raspberry Roulette, published in Issue 10 of Ticonderoga, has been nominated. It's one of only three pieces (out of several hundred) to be down for the Holy Trinity of speculative fiction - Fantasy, Horror, and Sci-Fi. I don't expect anything to come of it, but it's nice to finally be recognised as an Australian, which I have had numerous problems with in my writing 'career' thus far.

Raspberry Roulette is a good story, and I'm glad it's up there, but I'm not naive enough to think the nomination holds any special relevance. I'm sure that Ticonderoga probably just put down every piece they published this year - although I haven't checked - but it did put a smile on my face nonetheless.

If you want to take a look, you can do so here.

2 comments:

Phaedra said...

No accounting for taste these days, eh? ~eye roll~

Ah, Brian. Is it any wonder I'm such a fan?

~bigger eye roll~

Tania Hershman said...

Congrats, Brian, fingers crossed! May I take this opportunity for a shameless short story plug? Issue 2 of The Short Review is now online with ten reviews of short story collections and anthologies, including a couple of zombie stories (Kelly Link's Magic for Beginners). Stop by and find something to read.

Tania