September 22, 2008

Back Slapping...

Sometimes people surprise you and leave you (almost) speechless.

I had a lot of friends as a teenager. We all did. One of them is/was this guy. It was a long time ago, and a long way away, and I didn't even know him that well, but when you're fourteen friendships can blossom in a heartbeat, can't they?

Now, you may think I'm writing this post because you have went to the link in the last paragraph and seen that he wrote one about me first, and now I feel a little embarrassed, and you're entitled to think that. But that's between me and these four walls.

Like myself, he's a creative soul, but his passion is music. He's a drummer with a four-piece rock band called Stover, based on the east coast of Australia, and if your wallet is a little loose you can buy their CD there as well. I did. You won't be disappointed, unless you only like chamber music or some such, in which case, maybe best not fork out the dollars...

In fact, just buy it anyway. It's only a few bucks. What the hell else are you going to do with the money? Buy a couple of pints? Rent a dvd? Call a chat line for one minute? Come on! One minute. That's not even long enough to...

...well...

Just do as I say, okay?

Then come back here and tell me what you think, or better still, go here, and tell the guy himself.

1 comment:

Dalim said...

Seriously people in blog world read these stories by Brian - you'll love them, I did.
Thanks for the kind words Brian you have made my day.