July 10, 2011

Never Bet on an Inside Straight...

It's been a while.

I wish I could say that it was because I've been busy, or my world has changed somewhat, but the truth of the matter is I haven't had all that much to say, and nothing has changed...

Well, not much.

I joined Redtooth Poker a few weeks ago, and now play in the league at a couple of my (not really) local pubs. I have been playing online for several years, and thought it was about time I turned my talents to a few live games, if only to save me from shouting abuse at a monitor.

It's a £5 buy-in each night, and the league runs for thirteen weeks, with each pub having their own leaderboard. After those thirteen weeks, the best few players from each location hit 'regionals' - which is kind of like Glee, but without the show-tunes.

Anyways, the second night I played, I won. £64. Not too bad for a few hours of cards. Maybe if this writing lark doesn't pan out, I'll try my hand in Vegas.

2 comments:

Tuonela said...

Birth of a hustler!

Brian G Ross said...

Well, I like to think I've been on the hustle for a good few years now, Ian...

:-)