November 20, 2006

Lost...

So last night I watched the first two episodes in Series 3 of Lost. What a TV masterpiece. Really, say what you will about the show - and it has its detractors - but the writers certainly know what a hook is. Now, I don't know exactly where this show is going but I'm certainly enjoying the ride. At times I get the feeling that the writers don't have a clue where or how they are going to end it, but at the moment that doesn't matter. It isn't always about the destination: sometimes it's about the journey.

God I wish I had written that thing!

4 comments:

Emmy Ellis said...

Never seen it, though have heard the hype. Got no frikken time to watch TV.

:o(

Sophie Playle said...

(psst, they're all free online at www.allfg.org)

Brian G Ross said...

Yeah, I ALSO shouldn't have time to watch the tube... it's amazin' how many distractions you can find if you really give it a try.

;o)

Steven J. Dines said...

I've only seen the first 8-10 episodes of Season One, but I was impressed by the way in which they hook the viewer.

Very clever, too, is the way they seem to get away with using so many flashbacks, which, apparently, is a big no-no. An example of why the rules should be broken sometimes.

Anyway, from a viewer's perspective and from what I've seen it's a good show - inpsired in places, clumsy/heavyhanded in others.

But I fear it might suffer the same fate as several Stephen King novels and the movie, Signs (first one that came to mind) - too much build up leading to a hugely disappointing pay-off...

But yeah the journey's important too. Sometimes. Sometimes it just masks a terible ending!