November 26, 2008

Honourable Mention...

I have only entered a few contests in my writing career and never done particularly well in them, so I was happy when Short Story Radio sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago to let me know that my short story, Contractions & Reactions had been given an Honourable Mention in their latest competition.

The two winners will have their pieces 'performed', along with a website worth £250 (whatever that means), while the three also-rans have their stories posted on the website.

I don't know how many entries there were, so I don't know how impressive the mention is... but if I say thousands, then we find out otherwise, that will be our little secret, ok?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Brian. You should enter more contests.

Cheers,
Rob

Rory Platt said...

What does an 'honourary mention' mean exactly? Did you win? Or is it like one of those Sports Day 'I TRIED' stickers? Can you put it on the fridge.

Nice blog. Keep me posted on updates

Dalim said...

Well done! Con and Grat and Ulations all in one comment - you must be good!

Brian G Ross said...

Bob - yes, I should. Thanks.

Rory - no, cannot be put on the fridge, which is a damn shame...

Ben - thanks. High praise indeed!

:o)